Exterior House Painting
Save up to 75% by spray painting
A fast & efficient way to completely transform your property
Get your Quick Free Quote
If you prefer, fill in your details below and we’ll be in touch to provide a free no-obligation quote
First impressions count, and the exterior walls play a huge part in the overall appearance and value of your property.
Exterior House Painting – An Overview
Painting the exterior walls and elements of your property can sound like an expensive, long-winded and challenging project.
Moreover, you may not necessarily have the time or resources to take on such a task during your hectic schedule.
For a job of this nature, it is essential to enlist in the services of professionals, such as ourselves.
Therefore, most homeowners would turn to a painter/decorator or a specialist business for estimates and quotes.
Of course, it is always helpful to have an approximate idea of how much you will be paying when painting your home’s exterior.
The overall cost will be affected by a range of factors, such as;
- the size of your property
- the condition of the current surface
- the elements and areas to be painted
- your choice of paint and finish
- the number of repairs and preparation time required before painting can begin
If you’re looking for a general indication of the kind of quote you can expect, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’re going to be breaking down all of the expenses associated with painting your home’s exterior.
Get a Free Quote for your Exterior Walls
Or fill in the quick form for a call-back from our team.
Cost to Paint Exterior of House
Ultimately, a significant portion of the cost you pay will be decided by the hourly rates of the painters you choose. Naturally, depending on the company or individuals you hire and your location, these hourly rates can vary considerably.
On average, professional painters typically charge in the region of £20 to £25 per hour. However, they’ll usually quote you the rate for an entire day rather than on an hourly basis, generally in the region of £180 to £250.
Alongside labour cost, you may also have to factor in the cost of materials and equipment such as paints, stabilisers, brushes, tape, sand and cement.
There may be some situations where scaffolding will also be necessary. Hiring scaffolding could you set back by £360 per project. By adding up all of these costs, you should arrive at a reasonably accurate estimate for the price that will work within your budget, requirements, and expectations.
No two exterior house painting projects are the same, and it’s essential to keep in mind that the following factors might also add to the cost of your labour and materials:
- The number of walls that have to be painted; terraced, semi-detached and detached houses all have different divisions and various costs. If you have any extensions, porches and conservatories that need repainting, then these will also have to be considered.
- The extent of preparation and repairs; ensuring the surface is adequately prepared and repaired beforehand is critical to achieving a flawless and long-lasting finish. The more complex any preparations or repairs are, however, the more you will have to pay.
- The type, finish and style of painting; the amount you’ll have to put aside for the paint itself, and this will depend on how much paint you will need, according to the size of your house and the number of coats required. Also, some colours and finishes are more expensive than others, which is something to keep in mind.
Why You Should Have the Exterior of your Home Painted?
The exterior components of your property are constantly exposed to rapidly changing conditions.
Wind, rain, sunlight, freezing temperatures and humidity; the exterior walls are certainly no exception.
Over time, they will begin to look worn and tired. You will have to consider renovating your property to restore its aesthetic appeal and maintain its market value.
There’s a common presumption that property renovations are complicated and stressful projects, and it is for this reason that they are often delayed or postponed.
However, it doesn’t have to be this way. Our professional spray painting teams can paint the entirety of your property’s exterior extremely quickly and relatively inexpensively – with absolutely stunning results.
Spray painting is a method often overlooked when considering this major painting project.
Our Professional Spray Painting Service
For an individual with no prior experience, painting your property’s exterior can seem like a massive undertaking.
Hiring a professional, with industry experience, the correct equipment and techniques required for spray-painting exterior house walls are much faster and cost-effective.
Our representatives will discuss the various options to understand your creative vision. They will then provide a solution that will realise your idea most practically and effectively as possible.
What’s more, we will carefully prepare your property’s walls before painting by cleaning them and removing any debris, mould or peeling paint. Compared to brush-p